Tuesday, September 26, 2006

More Pictures and a Bit of Babbling




My absolute favorite and the easiest to make so far. Could be the eight sheets of graph paper, seven prior prototypes, three variations of hangers, and two charms that went before it. I believe I could bead this in my sleep ... or blind.

Notice, it is not quite finished. I did get clasps this evening but notice I also ran out of silver beads and had to use bronze to finish it. It’s actually not "tied in" yet. On the right hand side you’ll notice black sinew and bronze beads. When I pick up new sterling tomorrow, that will be fixed.

I originally wanted to put a guitar charm on this choker, but it was too big. I switched it out with a "Kentucky" charm instead. I think I’ll move the guitar charm to the brown/cream BSC necklace.

My friend Stacey saw the brown and cream necklace today and he asked, "So, whatcha gonna do with it? Huh?" *Salivating* He met the band in Charleston at the same time I did and we’re supposed to be road tripping to Columbus on November 1st to celebrate our birthdays. His is the 6th and mine is the 21st. I talked to his girlfriend on Monday and she mentioned it too. He made me call his cell phone in the shop today so our friend (and my boss) could hear my ring tone. "Violator Girl," which for you non-BSC fans, is one of their songs.

My boss said, "I may have to pick up that CD..." DUH! I told him I would do that while I was in Atlanta. My friend Bob also asked that I pick one up for him since our listening party on Sunday, and I think Stacey wants a t-shirt. Some peeps need to be ponying up some cash!

Oh yeah, I do work a real job, just for anyone out there wondering. I’m a paralegal by day. I work part-time at the screen printing shop in the evenings and any free weekends I have. I’m the typical Girl Friday. Answering phones, invoicing, ordering, sales, trouble shooting, designing, pulling from the press and the dryer, bashing the printers skulls together when they fuss. My boss has been a friend for almost 15 years so it’s strange to call him, "my boss." Of course, I have Nate and all these pesky felines, and then, I bead.

Beading keeps me sane. It cures all my ails, except carpal tunnel.

Speaking of my son, he got a hold of my cell phone last night and when I opened it this morning I noticed a time in red above the regular time. Yes, he figured out how to put two time zones on my phone. I didn’t even know my phone could do that. Then I made him put it to Germany time because I have family there.

Well, that’s it for BSC beading for the time being. I’m out of white and burnished hornpipe and the black buffalo horn just doesn’t do it for me. But did I mention the graphic artist sent a mock up of the t-shirt I designed? It. Is. Gorgeous. He tweaked it a bit more and it was the perfect touch.

Now, I have to finish my friend’s bridal necklace so I can deliver it while I’m in Atlanta AND my cousins offered for me to stay at their place in Chattanooga the night after the show. It will be a bit of a longer drive back but better than having to pay for a hotel room.

I know it’s crazy, but I haven’t decided yet. There’s something about waking up in a rest area to the sound of diesel engines in the night... did you know that a cat’s low purr velocity of 26 Hertz is almost the same as an idling diesel engine? See, you learned something new today. I’m babbling. I need sleep. Three days...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but the cat smells way better!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Esther said...

LOVE this choker. Stunning

12:36 PM  
Blogger Traci Dolan said...

Only until they fart, Seamus.

Thanks Esther!

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home