Sunday, September 24, 2006

Finally!

I finished the centerpiece on one of the Black Stone Cherry chokers, then I put it together... and *sigh* It’s okay. The centerpiece looks great because I’m a beading goddess. The rest looks good too, just NOT what I’m used to. I’m not used to bulky jewelry. Not used to Native American hornpipe and tailpipes and half pipes. I’ve tried it with natural bone and buffalo horn and I’m not even sure how to finish it.

I keep reminding myself these are prototypes and prototypes are for working out problems and kinks and things of that nature. Part of it is just, I want it to look good. I also need smaller beads. I’m using 15's but I’d rather be using 20's or something like that. The smaller the better. I also need more beads, more bone, more of everything but I’ll use what I have for the prototypes and then order more if I have to.

To say I’m satisfied, I’m not. Of course, part of me never is. I always wonder if I could have done better. I’ll be posting pictures by the middle of the week and hopefully I’ll have another design finished by then. Coffee is my friend.

Here is what is going on in my beading world:

I paid for some jewelry that a friend of mine was selling. I eagerly await its arrival. I may get to attempt some things I’ve never attempted before. Because I don’t do metal work, I was excited that she had some very nice sterling pieces that I can dismantle and re-design with beads.
I still have to finish my friend’s bridal necklace. It’s just the strap for the neck, so no one panic. I have to photograph it and send her the picture.

I have another choker due by the time I leave for Atlanta. It is not a difficult piece but the centerpiece may not arrive for another week! I may have to send the choker without it and then send the centerpiece later. That would suck but ... I can’t help it.

Tamarack has contacted me for more product - bracelets and earrings. Lucky for me I picked up beads to make bracelets while in Columbus.

Christmas order has already come in. Lucky for me, I have time to complete that. I also have another order for a bracelet.

So, pictures very, very soon... Now, have to finish my laundry and do more beading. I hope to have more product - bracelets, earrings, necklaces - ready for the Christmas season. Thanks to everyone who has stopped by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home