Sunday, September 24, 2006

I Changed My Mind

I spent most of today beading, washing clothes, and hanging with friends, listening to Hinder and Black Stone Cherry while my clothes dried. I had expressed irritation with my jewelry this morning until... I was on the phone with the Jolly Chainsaw - Mike. Mike makes wood carvings with a chainsaw and he was asking about business cards and possibly me making some "chainsaw" inspired jewelry. Suddenly, it just came to me that I was being far too complicated with my jewelry and sometimes, less is more.

As I visualized "chainsaw" jewelry, I just realized... *bloop* I had found the solution to my problem. I went to my friend’s house and started stringing and playing, finished the "S" of "BSC" and then strung them with the hornpipe I had picked out. It was a bit more complicated than the other piece but I have to say... you will have to pry this necklace from my cold dead neck when it is finished. It is gorgeous. My friends even said that it was the best and had a particular look about it.

Trouble is... yeah, that was the only pipe of that kind I had. Don’t get me wrong, I can still see how it needs to be tweaked... colors especially, but... I’m much, much happier with it. Pictures as soon as I get the "C" finished and figure out the clasp.

I’m Rollin’ On!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home